- 4 slices of bacon (optional if vegetarian)
- a small pumpkin or medium sized butternut squash (if adding pumpkin, add a teaspoon or 2 of cinnamon to bring out all of the flavours)
- 6 medium sized carrots
- 3 parsnip
- 3 turnip
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 cup of almonds (optional if allergic)
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (add more if needed)
- 2 table spoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of one or one of each of thyme/rosemary/oregano
This recipe uses two baking sheets, if you only have one you can half the recipe or do 2 batches.
I usually get 4 – 5 meals from this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
Place tin foil then parchment paper on each baking sheet. This will avoid any clean up after!
Put 2 slices and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on each baking sheet and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Remove the cooked bacon but leave the bacon grease to mix in with your veggies! Once the bacon cools, chop into half inch pieces and save for later.
Once you chopped all your veggies into 1 inch pieces, place them in a large bowl. Except for the cabbage then mix with olive oil and your spices.
Place all of the seasoned veggies onto your baking sheets and place in the over for 20 – 30 minutes.
While those are cooking, put your almonds in a blender and blend into a crumble. Some almonds may not get crushed but you can just eat those ones.
Now grab that mixing bowl again and mix up the cabbage, bacon, almonds, 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Make sure everything is covered, I mix it with my hands.
Add cabbage mix to your half roasted veggie salad and mix it all together.
Place back in the oven for another 20 – 30 minutes.